Today, the least churched nations in the world are where Christianity was birthed. Missiologists speak of this area as the 10/40 Window. The 10/40 Window is made up of 28 Muslim Countries, 1.1 Billion population (est 2000), 2 Hindu Countries, 1.1 Billion population (est 2000), and 8 Buddhist Countries, 237 Million population (est 2000) totaling almost 2.5 Billion people with limited access to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The 10/40 Window includes nations such as Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, China, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Korea, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Western Sahara, and Yemen.
According to researchers the 10/40 Window constitutes 82% of the poorest of the world’s poor (per capita GNP less than US$500 per year), 84% of those with lowest quality of life (life expectancy, infant mortality, and literacy), the hub of the world’s major non-Christian religions (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.) close to 100% of those who are both most-poor and have least-access to Christian resources, the least Christian resource investment and least sharing of the Christian message.
These are all “Old World” nations (mostly in the eastern hemisphere) with at least 50 percent of their land mass falling within 10 to 40 degrees latitude. These are all nations that need a revival of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Violence, sickness, poverty and oppression that can only be broken by the Spirit of God dominate in this region of the world. Missionaries who leave the comforts of their home and families to evangelize these nations are deserving of our financial support.
Allow me to give you 10 Reasons why Christians should invest in the Kingdom of God by giving to missionaries.
1. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. (John 14:6)
2. There are 1.6 Billion people who have never heard the Gospel. (Romans 10:14)
3. Jesus instructed us to send people to disciple all nations. (Matthew 9:38; Matthew 28:19)
4. God has blessed us so we can bless the nations with The Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Psalm 67:7)
5. It’s a secure, eternal investment. (Matthew 6:20; Rev. 7:9)
6. You’ll be blessed for giving to God’s work and His people. (Matt. 10:42; 2 Cor. 9:6)
7. Our missionaries are worthy of our support. (Matthew 10.10)
8. God is worthy of the worship of all nations. (Isa. 43:6-7)
9. It’s an act of grace. (2Cor. 8:1-15)
10. Everything we have belongs to God anyway. (Col. 1:16; Haggai 2:8; Psa. 50:12)
Please consider giving to Global Missions. Partner with a Missionary family or ministry. Jesus wants you to help reach the nations with His Gospel for His Glory.